Friday, October 5

Apologies for Absence

Apologies all round for the lack of posts here. For those who have been feeling "sad and pathetic checking your blog for the latest news", can I recommend subscribing to this blog via a blog aggregator, such as Bloglines. You can then just go to one home page and see which blogs have been updated. :-)

What have I been up to?

I have the pleasure of working in one of London's best Sixth Form Colleges. However, anyone who has ever worked in education will tell you the same thing - the first part of the autumn term is exhausting.

No matter how well prepared you may be, when term starts everything needs to be done now, or preferably yesterday.

Most evenings recently have found my lovely wife and I crashed out in the sitting room, with just enough energy left to stroke our visiting cats. Most nights have found us too knackered to even try and find something decent on tv. The energy used up in hunting is rarely rewarded by finding anything watchable.

Even our diet has suffered, with that nice Croatian who delivers the Chinese takeaway becoming a regular visitor.

Things are easing off now though, and I have some posts ready to go.

The Phantom is Back!

2 comments:

Welsh Dog said...

Oddly enough... whilst Bloglines won't pick up the feed from Opinion Australia... the Google Reader *will*!!

But thanks for the tip. Since you suggested it a while back I have all the sites I read in there so I'm immediately aware when there are new posts to be read! :)

Having said that I've started using the Google Reader which does much the same thing but is fully integrated with the Google Mail page so I find it a bit more functional :)

Steve said...

I confess I have both Google Reader and Bloglines on the go.

I far prefer Bloglines, but as it expands it has a habit of disappearing unannounced for a few days. GR then steps up until Bloglines is back. Eggs and Baskets eh?