Thursday, March 16

Northwick Park Medical Trials. Poodles or People?

O.K... Animal rights campaigners back off now! Personally I don't give a flying F**k about trying out new ear-growing technology on lab rats.... (Is that a petrol bomb I see arcing through the air?).. However, I do draw the line at torturing animals that I wouldn't normally consider to be vermin. ( I find it hard to support the Right To Life of something that makes me go "AAARGGH!", leap on a chair, and try and work out how to kill it without staining the carpet).

However, sorry to all but I don't have much sympathy for healthy intelligent sentient human beings who volunteer to try out experimental drugs for money. The phrase "Human Guinea Pig" is an insult to Guinea Pigs. They don't get the choice.

It may well turn out that the problem with the Northwick Park tests was that the drug was genetically engineered and therefore control groups of dogs were not very useful in predicting reactions in humans. But at least the humans agreed to take a risk for money that they considered worthwhile.

The Phantom predicts more bloodshed in the days to come. Watch out for the feeding frenzy as the lawyers get their teeth into this case.....

No comments: