Friday, March 16

If Silence Is Golden...

Then this blog should be worth quite a bit more than it was...

Apologies and many thanks for coming back to check on things.

I will never take the mickey out of the 'Flu again. I can see why it killed more people in 1918 than died in the first world war. I still haven't shaken it off properly.

I have gone back to work twice; the last time the boss made me sign a note saying that I wouldn't return until I was fully fit!! (I do have a great boss though, and no, she doesn't read this).

Worse thing was, I was supposed to be having a hernia repair operation on Thursday last. The Anaesthetist took one listen to my chest and he sent me packing too.

Nobody wants a Phantom with the Flu.

5 comments:

Welsh Dog said...

I've had flu a few times over the past 60 years and appreciate the real qualitative difference between 'it' and a 'bad cold'.

One of the outstanding features can be a severe depression that appears out of nowhere and with no obvious cause.

I agree it is an awful thing to go through. Sadly you just have to sit there and let it run its course.

As someone ... me probably... once famously said... if you take all the medication you can find to alleviate the condition the illness should last around 14 days.

Conversly... if you do nothing... it'll last about a fortnight :D

Get well soon.

Anonymous said...

I was going to make some comments last week about you suffering from "man flu". Glad I didn't as you seem to have been suffering from the real thing.

I was intending to visit with some of Nigella's chocolate loaf to cheer you up. Unfortunately, the chocolate mix was too generous for the tin, it cascaded over the edge of the tin, onto the baking tray and then poured onto the floor of the oven. Spent the afternoon srubbing burn chocolate cake from the oven, instead of visitng you. It's not the first time one of her cakes has gone a bit awry. Doesn't anyone test these recipes for her?
Wish the Phantom better, and regards to the long-suffering Mrs P.

Steve said...

Many Thanks for all kind comments.

Eagle - Nice to hear from you, I trust you will not be a stranger. It's always great getting comments; it's what blogging is all about.

I'm afraid Nigella has rather a poor reputation for quantity and quality checks. She just has to lick her fingers and the editors just let her get away with shoddy writing! Hope that isn't libel. There's never a lawyer around when you need one.

Welsh Dog said...

Lawyers? I think you just missed the chance to make a dreadful pun about barista's, Lincoln;s Inn and coffee!!:D

aidanrad said...

Oof, you quite sure about that super turkey you ate...?
Hope you're returning to feeling tip-top again very swiftly...

You didn't leave any smudges of flu around my blog, did you...?

(Aaatchoo...)