Monday, August 21

A little knowledge...

... Is certainly a worrying thing.

About three days before flying to Greece for our recent holiday I was surfing the net.

I typed in the name of the resort and the apartments we were booked to stay at. I didn't really expect to get any hits at all. I certainly didn't expect to find four. The hits were all reviews from previous "guests" of our apartments. The first one I read was equivocal, the rooms were a "good base" if you spent most of your time on the beach. The rest of the reviews got steadily worse. The words "filthy", "squalid" and "insect-ridden" leapt out. The worst review finished along the lines of "Never,ever,ever stay at the ****** studios."

You can image that my gently growing feeling of anticipation for our departure took a severe knock at this point.

Of course, the worst thing was that only I knew. My wife didn't have a clue...

In case you ever find yourselves in the same position in the future, I will tell you what I did tomorrow.

Would you tell your other half what you read, or would you keep quiet and see what it was like in real life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Phantom,you should have rememberd that
most people like to look on the black side
of life. If you can't say anything bad, don't
say anything at all.
But we who live in happy land,always
find something to smile about,and that's your
blog. Thankyou.

Steve said...

AAAW Shucks! Thank you too. Now I feel guilty about not posting this afternoon. Watch this space tomorrow.

And Thanks Again!